Wednesday, February 28, 2018

THE MEMORY OF Pdt HENDRA GOSANA


Cloudy Tuesday February 28, 2018 a bad news posted in Face book wall that one of our Priest, passed away after about 5 years Stroke attacked and left him lied down over the bed in his home. My eyes wet read the breaking news since I knew him well as our priest in the church of GKI Kwitang, Central Jakarta.
I prayed for him a lot since his Stroke attack, may God relieve his pain to lift the pain of his family to take care of him for so long.

The last time I met him, when I was hospitalized, he came with his wife Mrs Any Gosana to cheer me up that lie in the hospital. Now he passed me first and leaved me thinking how God is good for me. But in the same time, I feel glad that God called him, lifted up his pain and rest with Him in heaven. I always remember one thing in his sermon in front of funeral service said :
" YESUS LIFT UP TO HEAVEN TO PREPARE THE PLACE FOR US. IF NOT WE USELESS BELIEVE ON HIM"

I knew him and his wife Pdt Any Gosana well, since they lived in Kelapa Gading compound not far from our house. Then we are cooperated in Klasis GKI Jakarta I, the organization of 14 churches in Jakarta and Bandung area. He was the head of organisation while I was a head of Auditor for 3 years.
His wife Pdt Any Gosana regularly met in the Committee of many  Church activities. The photo above when we were take a rest from Klasis meeting at cool area, Puncak in 2010 ago


My family were the GKI Kwitang  church member since 30 years ago, exactly, year 1987 and met Pdt Hendra Gosana with others priests. Then for 7 years I was assigned one of the elders since year 2002 and met him regularly in the church services and meetings. And interesting things were many funeral services served by him and help by me as an elder, especially in our area of service in Lingkungan II (Second area) of the church.


In several occasions I met Pdt. Hendra Gosana in church services in the small Churches under GKI Kwitang in 2 posts, Tegal Alur and  Kapuk area in West Jakarta where volunteer  served there to teach the young elder to lead their own post to be independ from the center of GKI Kwitang. Pdt Hendra sermoned and I served as an elder among other.  I many funeral services in our area too.
One thing also noted when my son, Pahala Situmeang married with Shinta and Pdt Hendra bless them in the service some time in 2002.

The close cooperative happened a lot when I was a head of Auditor to supervise Klasis GKI Jakarta level. In 3 years period, we made a big changes in finance of organization. Not much findings of irregularities but many principle changes that organization should follow. At least the both finance should be had the skills of accounting to administer organization well. After Pdt Hendra Gosana step down and assigned a new head, Pdt. Guruh, both finance managers selected 2 new finance manager who had accounting background skill.


No comments: