Tuesday, June 7, 2016

IN MEMORIAM, MY GOOD FRIEND JAJANG GANDAKUSUMAH

                                                                Arbab song

A good friend always in our mind, swet memorie will never be forgotten for the rest of our life. Sad news just got this morning from a friend, Mrs. Wigati that our friend passed away in December 2015.
No body told me. I grief this morning remembered our friendship for decade before he moved to outskirt of Jakarta in Cibubur area. The last time I met him in the hospital and he look healthy, healthier then me. I never knew he was fallen sick.

We were served as the Olders in our Church, Gereja Kristen Indonesia, Kwitang, Central Jakarta. Many times we went to the church together by his car or by my car. Many time I will pick him up in his house or he will pick me up in my house too. We went to the church to serve Sunday services or attended older meeting sometime up until midnight. Many occasion served in mourning services of our congregation. Weekly basis, 3 times we had family bible study in our area, consist of 15 - 20 persons.
A special regular activities were choir rehearsal every Sunday evening in two certain house of choir member at Rawamangun, East Jakarta from 7 - 9 pm. We kept rehearsal even we won't perform for the next Sunday service. Mr.Jajang belong to Tenor group of 5 members. While I belong to Bass group of 5 members too.
We sing many songs in various language, Indonesia, English, Javanese, Batak and many more. One sing that entertain me is ARBAB in Batak language, my local language. They asked me to explain the meaning of the song first before rehearsal it many times. Arbab song just like video above. Please turn in on.

In his senior age, his family have catering business in a factory. He and wife busy in their business. In case we have meeting in his house we will enjoy the good taste of their foods.

he was Chinese born in Karawang city, West Java an his attitude influenced by soft Sunda culture, West Java way of life. He was very kind and never raised loud voices in every events.

I will never forget you my dear friend. Rest in peace meet with Almighty that we served for decade. In heaven no more pain but happiness bow down to honor Him.

Posting by : Pinondang Situmeang Email : c2_pin@rocketmail.com




No comments: