Saturday, May 28, 2016

CHOIR LIFT UP YOUR SOUL

                                          The song title ARBAB in Batak language


Church service without a choir just like the soup shortage of  salt, pepper and other ingredients either for our ears even more to our soul. Watching and hearing choir lift up our soul closer near to Almighty.

My voice not a professional one but after practice regularly every Sunday night, my voice in Bass mode may sing from the very low octaf until very high, according to my trainer, Cecilia Siregar.
Our group voice of Bass, 5 men could linked harmonious with 3 other group, Solo, Alto and Tenor.

We sang mostly in Indonesia language, but some in English, Javanese and Batak like the one in a video above, ARBAB. I was originally from Batak tribe, so fully understand the meaning. Our choir group SANGKAKALA, from other tribes also eager to sing this songs, may lift up our soul and the soul of Church goers as well. We are not inferior to the Choir group who the members all original are Batak tribe.

Our choir group rehearsal every week on Sunday evening even we will not perform on the next Sunday service for more the 2 decade. The trainers and pianists were our congregation just pay them transport cost.

I was absent for 4 years by now, but hear the video above, my mind flash back when I was a member of this choir for a decade. I miss all the member and may hear their song some time later.







No comments: