Friday, July 24, 2015

MY DAD MEMORY : OUR DECISION TODAY AFFECT OUR DESCENDANT

My old house

My Dad, J.Situmeang, deceased

 
Thank you for being my Dad

I
read Inspiration account in Face book under a post "Surat buat Ayah", or "A letter to my father", that inspired me to write this topic to memorized my father who passed away 23 years ago at 1987.

What haunting my mind so far for a long period of time was, I had a bad feeling, regret, sorry, I did nothing important in my Dad's retired days, while at the same time, I was on top of my carrier at as  a big Bank Branch manager in a Big city, BRI Pahlawan (d/h Pasarturi), Surabaya, east Java capital, Indonesia.

As a Branch manager, actually, I get a big pay cheque and facilities and afforded to buy  a car for my parent, or send them regular monthly allowances for their cost of living, including medical costs in their old ages. But I did nothing. They lived on their own. At the same year I was in the process of develop a new  modern house in a cozy compound, at Surabaya as well.

Once when I was working at Kebumen branch, a small town in Central Java, I was amazed to see a lady in black old type Mercedes in back seat with a driver. She was a lucky lady, supported by his son, a high level police officer in Jakarta. Unconsciously, I wish some day I wish to buy my parent a car too
.
Meanwhile, recently I am reading an excellence book "Become A Better You" by Joel Osteen. In Chapter 5, The Generational Blessing, he explained "That the decision we made today  will affect our children, our grandchildren, and generations to come"


I am thinking it over and over again that what I had achieved so far not because my only effort, but by the seed my father and mother sowed. Their hard working, praying, even though they never harvest what they sowed but their descendant, children and grandchildren. They are lying a groundwork. My dream never come true in my life, but my children and grandchildren will, because I sowed the seed, I developed the foundation, groundwork for them to achieve a better life.
                                        
Joel Osteen grandmother was a poor washing clothes, working 12 hours a day, earning ten cents an hour. But he never complain. His son and grandson become a famous preachers of a very Big church,  Lakewood church in USA Just like my father, in his old ages, he kept open a very small kiosk in front of the house and in 1980 sold Rp. 5,-  the price of a small things he sold

While his only son, educated, financed by them, got a very high pay check, a Bank Branch manager, never paid attention, never asked them what they do for living. My father always drive a bike and my mother drive a Becak or walking. If I thought of tem, made me sad and regret up until today.
Thank to Mr.Joel Osteen to remind me that I can afford to send my children in a good education not solely by my own, but my father and mother paving the way, they pay the price for sowed the seed not hoping to get a harvest. But their descendants will reap the harvest.

No comments: